Clomifene citrate 50mg tablets
What clomifene citrate is used for:
It contains a medicine called clomifene citrate. This belongs to a group of medicines called ovulation stimulants. It works by stimulating the release of eggs from the ovary (ovulation). Clomifene is used for some types of infertility, in women who are not ovulating properly.
Do not use clomifene citrate if:
You are allergic (hypersensitive) to clomifene or any of the other ingredients of Clomifene.
· Signs of an allergic reaction include: a rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue.
· You have or ever had liver disease.
· You have unusual menstrual bleeding where the cause is not known.
· You have a type of cancer that is made worse by hormones.
· You have a cyst on your ovary.
· You are pregnant. You should have a test to make sure you are not pregnant before you take
Warnings and precautions:
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking your medicine if:
· You are having an early menopause or have been told you are infertile.
· You have stopped having periods because you are under-weight.
· You have had fits or seizures in the past.
· You have ‘fibroids’ in your womb.
· You have ‘polycystic’ ovaries.
· Your ovaries are swollen.
You have hypertriglyceridemia (an excess of fats in the blood) or a family history of hypertriglyceridemia
Possible side effects:
Stop using the product and seek immediate medical attention if you develop throat tightness or swelling of the eyes, face, lips or tongue, feel faint, or have difficulty breathing. Stop using the product if you develop hives or itching of the face or body.
Other medicines and clomifene citrate:
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines.
This includes medicines you buy with a prescription, including herbal medicines. This is because Clomifene can affect the way some other medicines work. Also, some medicines can affect the way Clomifene works.